Doodle is missing a simple and interesting video that shows how our service can be used. Since our regular users are the best people to explain the principle of online scheduling to first-time users, we’d like to invite you to submit a video about how Doodle works for you and why you like it. The submitted videos will be judged by Doodle and the winning video will be posted prominently on our website. Additionally, the grand prize winner will receive a CHF 5,000 (ca. $ 5,700, ca. € 4,000) gift card for flights on Swiss International Air Lines*, the second price is a NOKIA E7 smartphone! All valid submissions will also gain a free Premium Doodle subscription.
What are you waiting for? Submit a video and your creativity could enable you to visit other parts of the world!
- Videos must be submitted between May 24th –
June 24thJuly 8th (extended submission period)
- Submitted videos should be no more than two minutes long
- To enter the contest, post your video on YouTube and send the link to the video to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The winning video will be selected by Doodle and announced on July 15th
- The winner will need to send the original video file(s) to Doodle
- By entering the contest, the winner agrees to allow Doodle to use the winning video in any way
- The creator of the winning video will receive a CHF 5,000 (ca. $ 5,700, ca. € 4,000) Swiss International Air Lines gift card
- The prize for the second place is a Nokia E7 smartphone
- All valid participants will receive a free Premium Doodle subscription for one year
Video Evaluation Criteria
- It must explain the 1-2-3 of online scheduling with Doodle.
- It should be entertaining and informational.
- It should motivate people to try Doodle.
- It should be able to be used in other languages.
How to Make a Winning Video
- Think about the people who visit the Doodle website for the first time. The video should provide them with information about what Doodle is all about.
- Let the viewers understand why you love using Doodle.
- We don’t want to limit your creativity! You can be as creative as you want to be as long as we can feel your motivation and you’re able to explain Doodle. You can show real people, use animation, and so on.
- Don’t show screenshots or screencasts of Doodle. Instead of a tutorial, we want to see and understand the principle of online scheduling.
- Please produce your video in either English, German, or French. The video should be usable in other languages (i.e. we should be able to change the voice-over audio). Because of this, the video shouldn’t include a lot of text or have footage of people talking. The production of the translated versions is not a part of this contest.
- Please feel free to use the corporate colors, logo, and icons.
- Don’t include any offensive content.
- Inform us about any copyrighted material you might use.
By participating in this contest you agree to the following:
- You grant Doodle AG a comprehensive, irrevocable, transferrable, non-exclusive perpetual and irrevocable worldwide licence to use your video in any manner Doodle AG sees fit. In particular, Doodle AG shall have the right to copy, publish, alter, amend and translate your video or parts of it and to grant sub-licences to third parties.
- Doodle AG grants you a non-exclusive, personal and not transferrable licence to use the trademark DOODLE, the DOODLE logo and screenshots of the Doodle website as parts of your video provided that you actually submit your video to Doodle AG. This licence does not cover any use that is likely to tarnish the reputation of Doodle AG, its marks and its website.
- This contest shall be governed by the laws of Switzerland and Zurich, Switzerland, shall be the sole and exclusive place of jurisdiction for any disputes that may arise between you and Doodle AG in connection with this contest.
* Valid for any published normal and special offers for SWISS flights. Booking needs to be processed via Doodle until March 31, 2012.