Today you get to experience the biggest update in Doodle’s history. This redesign is not only about changing how Doodle looks, but it also impacts the general user experience. Doodle is now lighter, faster, and more modern and dynamic thanks to the new Ajax-based user interface.
Here’s one of the first quotes from a beta user:
New beta layout is a great improvement. So much more user friendly.
What began as a redesign of our most used page (the poll participation page) ended up in a complete redesign of the site. All existing polls, meeting requests, and accounts, however, will remain unchanged.
You can see the new look for yourself, but here’s a detailed overview of the functional changes:
- In the participation page (view example) you can now switch smoothly between the tabular view and the calendar view. The usability has been improved, the poll header now contains all relevant information, the comment feature is more apparent, and it’s easier to edit existing entries. Participants can choose to be notified about any activity in a poll.
- The participation page has also been made fully accessible for screen readers for visually impaired individuals.
- The poll wizard has been redesigned and makes switching between setting up a poll using the calendar interface, the classic interface with dates and times, and the text poll for non-calendar options or multi-day events very smooth.
- The poll settings that enable the admin to adapt meeting requests to a specific situation are now part of the standard workflow instead of being in an extra menu.
- It is now much easier to close a poll and the admin can now select multiple final options that will be saved in the calendars of participants who connected them.
- The poll administration has been simplified.
- The option to schedule in the calendar view has become more present in the whole process making it even more attractive to connect the calendar.
- The home page looks completely different and displays the relevant information more clearly. Since Doodle is focusing more and more on scheduling and not opinion polling, the “Make a Choice” function (text poll) has been removed from the home page, however, it’s still available in the feature overview.
- The MyDoodle dashboard received an additional tab for MeetMe (one-to-one) meeting requests.
- The MyDoodle account management page now enables users to upload a personal avatar. The page has also been cleaned up to make it easier to manage your settings. The Premium Doodle account management page has been updated in a similar way.
- Last but not least, we also updated all of the static pages that contain additional information about Doodle.
Some of the chages that we made to make Doodle even easier will also impact the familiar way of using the service. You’ll find more details and tips in the dedicated section of our FAQ:
We’re looking forward to get your feedback and we also like positive reactions very much. Please contact our support if you need to get a question answered, but please be patient if we don’t reply immediately or if we don’t answer questions that are already covered in the FAQ (redesign section at the top).