Integrating your Facebook events in Doodle can have two major advantages:
- You get reminded of events you might want or plan to attend while scheduling.
- You prevent scheduling some other event/meeting when one of your Facebook events takes place.
Here’s how it works:
- Register for a (free!) Doodle account, if you don’t have one yet: http://doodle.com/open.
- Visit your Facebook events list: https://www.facebook.com/events/list.
- Click on the cogwheel in the upper right corner and select “Export”.
- Choose either your friends’ birthdays or upcoming events (or both, if you wish), right-click on the respective link and choose “copy link address”.
- Visit the calendar settings in your Doodle account: https://doodle.com/mydoodle/manageAccount.html#calendars.
- Paste the link you copied above into the “calendar feed URLs” textfield.
- Make sure to replace the “webcal:” at the very beginning of the URL with “http:”.
- Click “Add”.
From now on, whenever you create a new scheduling poll or participate in a poll, you can choose to use the calendar view and have your Facebook events displayed.
Please let us know if you use this feature or if some other form of Facebook integration might make sense for you.