The mobile usage of Doodle grows rapidly and we’ve invested a lot in the mobile interfaces, namely the mobile Web version and the iOS app. And while Doodle’s Android app was a great success in terms of downloads it wasn’t as intensely used as we expected. That’s why we decided to retire the Android app in favor of the mobile Web version and to free up resources for other projects that make scheduling even easier. Instead of the app, you can use the mobile Web version on your Android smartphone – it has the same features as the Android app and more, calendar integration for instance.
What does this mean for you?
- You don’t need to do anything.
- You won’t lose any data. If you used MyDoodle in the app, you will see all information and polls on your dashboard.
- To retain a one-click button to access Doodle, you can add a bookmark to the homescreen of your smartphone (see how).
- We are going to stop redirecting from Mobile Doodle to the Android app by October 1st. And we stop providing end-user support for the Android app today.
- If you want to switch to m.doodle.com already today, you can delete the app. If you do so, please delete also the Doodle cookies in your browser in order not to be redirected to the (no longer installed) Android app.
- The users of any other “Doodle” app on Android should know that there’s no official Doodle Android app any more and you might want to use mobile Doodle instead. You can also withdraw access rights to these apps if you have installed one (see how).
Important information to all users of our iOS app: there are no plans to retire this app.
And finally, we’d like to thank our partner Acrea for the great collaboration!
Get more information in an Update.